The Hyper-V connection can be used to display Hyper-V guest instances from one or more computers and provide basic management tasks as well as the ability to connect to the Hyper-V guest instance console.
The Hyper-V Dashboard is shown in the Dashboard panel when you select a Hyper-V connection in the Navigation panel.
- List of all hosted Hyper-V guests (or instances) and their state.
- Grid search and customization, including sort, filter and group.
- Start, Pause, Save State and Shut Down Hyper-V guests directly from the Dashboard.
- Add a new Remote Desktop connection based on the original settings combined with the guest properties.
Royal TS assumes the guest name as the host name for the new connection.
- Add a new Hyper-V Instance connection based on the selected guest.
Royal TS creates a new Remote Desktop connection configured to connect directly to the Hyper-V guest.
- Connect (Ad Hoc) allows you to connect directly to the selected Hyper-V guest.
The Hyper-V connection relies on WMI. Ensure that all the necessary firewall ports for WMI are open and that the user account running Royal TS (beware of UAC) or the credentials set in the Remote Desktop connection have local administrative rights on the remote Hyper-V host computer.
Royal Server Support
The dashboard data can also be gathered using a Royal Server. For more information about Royal Server, click here.
To configure the application default settings for the included dashboard, open the Plugins Management and click on Dashboard for the Hyper-V plugin.
To configure individual dashboard settings for a connection, use the Dashboard property page.
The Hyper-V plugin does not offer any plugin settings at this time.
The Hyper-V Properties dialog is shown:
- for a new Hyper-V connection by clicking the More... menu item in the Add drop down menu in the Edit group on the Home ribbon tab and selecting the Hyper-V entry from the list of available objects.
- for an existing Hyper-V connection by selecting a Hyper-V connection and clicking on the Properties command in the Edit group on the Home ribbon tab.
- as a bulk-edit dialog when multiple Hyper-V connections were selected in the Folder / Document Dashboard and the Properties command in the Edit group on the Home ribbon tab is clicked. See also: Bulk Operations