The VNC connection, based on UltraVNC, can be used to connect to remote computers using UltraVNC.
The dashboard included in this plugin allows you to:
- Edit Properties (opens the properties dialog of the selected connection).
- Start Unattached (to start the VNC viewer application without tracking the process).
- Open the Plugin Settings
- Open the UltraVNC homepage
This plugin does not offer any dashboard settings.
To configure the VNC (UltraVNC) plugin settings, open the Plugins Management and click on Settings for the VNC (based on UltraVNC) plugin:
Browse or let Royal TS search for the UltraVNC viewer application (vncviewer.exe).
The VNC (UltraVNC) Properties dialog is shown:
- for a new VNC connection by clicking the VNC menu item in the Add drop down menu in the Edit group on the Home ribbon tab when the UltraVNC based plugin is set as the default plugin.
- for a new VNC connection by clicking the More... menu item in the Add drop down menu in the Edit group on the Home ribbon tab and selecting the VNC (based on UltraVNC) entry from the list of available objects.
- for an existing VNC connection by selecting a VNC connection which is configured to use the UltraVNC based plugin and clicking on the Properties command in the Edit group on the Home ribbon tab.
- as a bulk-edit dialog when multiple VNC connections which are configured to use the UltraVNC based plugin were selected in the Folder / Document Dashboard and the Properties command in the Edit group on the Home ribbon tab is clicked. See also: Bulk Operations