The VNC connection, based on TightVNC, can be used to connect to remote computers using TightVNC. Connections based on this plugin require the TightVNC client application to be installed. Royal TS V3.2 or later includes a new plugin "TightVNC Integrated" which does not require you to install the viewer application.
The dashboard included in this plugin allows you to:
- Edit Properties (opens the properties dialog of the selected connection).
- Start Unattached (to start the VNC viewer application without tracking the process).
- Open the Plugin Settings
- Open the TightVNC homepage
This plugin does not offer any dashboard settings.
To configure the VNC (UltraVNC) plugin settings, open the Plugins Management and click on Settings for the VNC (based on TightVNC) plugin:
Browse or let Royal TS search for the TightVNC viewer application (tvnviewer.exe).
The VNC (TightVNC) Properties dialog is shown:
- for a new VNC connection by clicking the VNC menu item in the Add drop down menu in the Edit group on the Home ribbon tab when the TightVNC based plugin is set as the default plugin.
- for a new VNC connection by clicking the More... menu item in the Add drop down menu in the Edit group on the Home ribbon tab and selecting the VNC (based on TightVNC) entry from the list of available objects.
- for an existing VNC connection by selecting a VNC connection which is configured to use the TightVNC based plugin and clicking on the Properties command in the Edit group on the Home ribbon tab.
- as a bulk-edit dialog when multiple VNC connections which are configured to use the TightVNC based plugin were selected in the Folder / Document Dashboard and the Properties command in the Edit group on the Home ribbon tab is clicked. See also: Bulk Operations