To learn more about Connection basics, read chapter Connections.
Connect to a Session
- In the Navigation panel, select a connection. By default, selecting an inactive connection in the Navigation panel brings up the Dashboard for the connection.
- On the Home tab, in the Actions group, click on Connect
Royal TS offers many ways to connect to a session. You will find the Connect command in various places, such as the context menu in the Navigation panel or the Actions tab on the ribbon. By default, double-clicking an inactive connection in the Navigation panel also executes the Connect command.
Connect with Options
The Connect with Options feature allows you to directly override specific connection settings before you connect. Connecting using the Connect with Options feature will not affect the configuration of the connection. The applied overrides are temporary and are gone as soon as the session is disconnected.
Here are some useful examples on how to use this feature:
- Consider a Remote Desktop connection you usually use which is not configured to connect to the Admin/Console session but occasionally you need to connect to the Admin/Console session. Ensure that the Console/Admin Session item is checked and click Connect in the Connect with Options menu.
- Consider a Remote Desktop connection which is configured to automatically log on with your credential but occasionally you need to log on with a different account. Ensure that the Auto Logon item is unchecked and click Connect in the Connect with Options menu.
- Consider a connection which is configured to open embedded in the main window but occasionally you want to open the session in an external window. Ensure that the External item is checked and click Connect in the Connect with Options menu.
You can combine most of the overrides in the Connect with Options menu. Some overrides, such as Embedded, External, Full Screen or specified screens can be cleared by just clicking them again when checked.
Change Connection Settings while Connected
The Change drop down menu (on the Home or Actions tab) can be used to temporarily change the Window Mode or other connection specific settings while connected. Here's an example on how to move a connection which is embedded to an external window and back to the main window tab:
- In the Navigation panel, select a connection.
- On the Home tab, in the Actions group, click on Connect. Wait until the session is established in the main window tab.
- On the Actions tab, in the Common Actions group, click on Change and on External in the drop down menu. The session will now be moved to an external window.
- To move the session back, click again on Change and on Embedded in the drop down menu.